L293D Motor Driver module is the L293D Motor Driver IC. This IC is a 16 pin half H bridge motor driver IC. It is capable of driving two DC motors or stepper motors at the same time. The direction of both the motors can be controlled independently of each other but if you just want to turn motor on or off, it can do that with four DC motors. It is used to drive the motors with voltage ratings from 5V to 36V and with a total DC current of 600mA. This l293d motor driver board can be used to drive high current circuits using digital circuits like 555 Timer, MOSFET, or microcontrollers like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PIC, etc. It is good for robotics projects and other mechatronic projects like robot arms, follower robots, RF cars, etc.
The driver greatly simplifies and increases the ease with which you may control motors, relays, extra ,from micro-controllers. It can drive motors up to 12V with a total DC current of up to 600mA.
You can connect the two channels in parallel to double the maximum current or in series to double the maximum input voltage. This motor driver is perfect for robotics and mechatronics projects for controlling motors from microcontrollers, switches, relays, etc. Perfect for driving DC and Stepper motors for micro-mouse, line-following robots, robot arms, etc.
- Wide supply voltage: 4.5 V to 12 V.
- Max supply current: 600 mA per motor.
- The driver two holes of 3 mm dia.
- Male burg-stick connectors for supply, ground and input connection.
- Screw terminal connectors for easy motor connection.
- High noise immunity inputs.
- Can be used to run Two DC or stepper motors with the same IC.
- Speed and Direction control is possible of both the motors
- Motor voltage output VCC: 4.5V to 36V
- Maximum Peak motor current: 1.2A
- Maximum Continuous Motor Current: 600mA
- Supply Voltage to the IC: 4.5V to 7V
- Transition time: 300ns (at 5Vand 24V)
- High Noise Immunity
- Screw terminals to easily connect the motors